COMMON CATHODE TECHNOLOGY
SiliconCore’s proprietary Common Cathode Technology has revolutionized the LED display market enabling higher resolution screens with a pixel pitch as low as 0.95mm.
The LED device has two terminals, an anode and a cathode, and each pixel consists of three LEDs (red, green and blue), requiring a total of 6 terminals.
In traditional Common Anode LED panel designs, the terminals of all 3 (red, green & blue) LEDs are wired together and an external ballast resistor is added in series with the red LED to maintain a constant voltage and equalize the voltage drop across all three LEDs. This subsequently reduces available space for the LEDs making fine pixel pitch harder to achieve, while it is also an additional heat source and accelerates the aging process and reduces the lifetime.
In Common Cathode technology, separate, dedicated power supply voltages are supplied to the red, green and blue LEDs enabling the power supplied to the red LED to be controlled separately and eliminating the requirement for a ballast resistor.
This enables SiliconCore to dramatically reduce the power dissipation of the LED display system and create very efficient power consumption across the range.
Key advantages of Common Cathode
- Incredible high resolution
- Color and brightness uniformity
- Market leading low power consumption
- Increased lifetime of over 100,000 hours and performance over time
- Brighter Displays that maintain higher brightness over time
- Fan-less design means no noise
Z.A.C.H. (FOR Z(IMPEDANCE) ADJUSTMENT FOR COLOR HOMOGENEITY)
The HDR Z.A.C.H. driver chip stands for Z(Impedance) Adjustment for Color Homogeneity. The ZACH technology embedded in the driver chip can accurately detect impedance variation of each LED and apply adjustment compensation. This achieves uniform brightness and homogenous color at especially low brightness levels.
The Z.A.C.H. chip enables SiliconCore displays, already the brightest in the industry, to also provide accurate color reproduction in the areas of low brightness. This is most evident in pictures with shadows and areas of greatest contrast from light to dark. Combined with SiliconCore’s low power Common Cathode Technology (CCT) it can achieve uniform maximum brightness of over 1,800Nits and minimum brightness 0.1Nits. The effective dynamic range is over 18,000 to 1 or over 14 bits.
This technology is ideal for cinema, command and control and simulation environments thanks to the incredible dynamic range and color fidelity of the display. Corporate and retail clients will notice a difference in areas of greatest contrast.
- Accurate color reproduction in the areas of low and high brightness
- Better reproduction of grey scale
- Outstanding visual performance without compromise
- Double the scan rate and a fourfold increase in processing speed
- Reduced number of chips required
- Add higher refresh rates
- Wider color gamut: Rec. 2020
LISA (LED In Silicon Array)
SiliconCore’s LISA (LED In Silicon Array) technology is a radical departure from how LED displays are made. The technology successfully implements Chip On Board (COB) manufacturing.
LISA is the most disruptive technology in the LED display marketplace for decades. Individual Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) are directly bonded to the PCBs, removing the use of traditional Surface Mount Diodes (SMDs) on the board to make the module mechanically more robust and rigid, increasing its durability. SiliconCore’s unique process also brings significant visual benefits including improved color uniformity and reduced color shift for exquisite displays throughout the product lifetime.
LISA creates a new wave in immersive LED displays with pixel pitches ranging up to 10mm and 8000 nits and opening up a variety of forms. This will be popular in OOH and outdoor and in touch applications without the need to apply a glass overlay for protection.
- Color uniformity and reduced color shift
- Pixel pitches ranging up to 10mm and 8000 nits
- No glass protection overlay needed
- Exquisite displays throughout the product lifetime.
- Increased durability
- Improved structural integrity of the module, ensuring no damaged pixels cannot be during installation and throughout product lifetime.